E-Tech’s “down-the-stack” Economite makes it possible to save fuel even if you cannot spare the room for a standard economizer unit. This custom-made, in-stack application is easily installed in an existing stack of any diameter. Economites can be fabricated with baffles and shells to direct gas flow through the unit and can be equipped with solid, serrated or longitudinal fins.
The Economite lowers flue gas temperatures by preheating feedwater entering the boiler. The rise in water temperature allows the boiler to produce steam using less fuel, thereby significantly lowering fuel consumption and costs. In general, E-Techers realize a 1% increase in boiler efficiency for each 40°F decrease in flue gas temperature.
Our Economite Economizer Advantages:
- units designed to your performance, pressure-drop, fuel and retrofit requirements
- fins configured to fuel or combustion-product demands — even heavy-fouling fuels such as #6 oil, coal or wood
- carbon steel and stainless steel construction available as required; all units ASME code stamped (Section I or Section VIII)
- high-frequency solid, serrated or longitudinal fins welded to tube for common structure; more durable and cleanable than brazed or fused finning
- welded pressure vessels; no compression fittings
Options: Ancillary equipment available as required.